You will have the opportunity to earn up to 50 extra credit points this semester. Simply complete one or two of the assignments below, and turn them in to your drop box by Dec 16th, clearly marked as Extra Credit. Questions? Just shoot me an email.
Option #1: National Newspaper Article Analysis (25 points)
- Find an interesting newspaper article in a credible national publication (published online, with link available).
- Give me an in-depth analysis of what the author is trying to argue, what evidence they use, and how they present that evidence.
- Tell me if you think they are successful? How could they be more successful? Were you convinced?
- At least 500 words. Include link in your document.
Option #2: Public Event Interpretation and Reflection (25 points)
- Attend a public event. This might be a theater production, a concert, lecture, poetry reading, etc.
- Give me a thorough description of the event, what kind of audience, venue, who the speaker/performer hoped to reach.
- Write an analysis of what you think the speaker/performers' goals were, and if they were successul in the pursuit of those goals. Why or why not?
- At least 500 words. No stupid events allowed.